Upstream Alpacas was founded in 1998 by Christine Riley and Alan McConkie. Starting with an initial herd of 6 alpacas, it has grown to its present size with a herd of about 30. Initially, both Alan and Christine were employed full time in the high tech sector. As the herd and the business grew, it became clear that it required more time and attention. Alan now manages the farm full time, and Christine handles the yarn, clothing and alpaca goods part of the business, as well as assisting with the animals.
Upstream Alpacas is a full-service farm, offering alpacas for sale, breeding, and boarding. In addition, we have an on-farm shop stocked with a good selection of alpaca yarn, clothing, and gifts. The shop is open by appointment.
1. Healthy, happy, structurally and reproductively sound alpacas.
2. Colored huacaya fleece with outstanding fineness, density and weight, with a particular concentration on dark colors.
1. We deal in an open, honest and ethical way
2. We disclose all relevant information about our alpacas
3. We provide objective information and advice to the best of our ability
4. We buy and sell only ARI registered alpacas
5. We sell alpacas only if we believe they will receive proper care
6. We provide post-sale customer support